Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The best hot shower ever!

I just had the best hot shower I've had since well.. back last August. (No disrespect to other hot showers intended.) I never really thought I'd miss good plumbing or a hot shower so much. I missed everything about our shower: the evenness and strength of the spray, the temperature of the water (nice and hot), the smooth and certain action of the Dornbracht faucets, being able to take a long shower, and above all, the heated towels at the end. The heated towel rack is one extravagance we put in our master bathroom that was completely and totally worth it.

If I were to rate showers over the past 11 months, really, our shower comes up #1. Head and shoulders above the rest. Looking down the line, I'd say that Kurt's folks' shower is a distant second: slightly low flow head, water not hot enough, but the plumbing is very solid, and the bathroom comfy. Third place is a tough choice. The hotel in Prague could have been third. Really, it should have been second. But the tendency of the shower head not to stay in place and to spray all over the bathroom knocked it down several notches. Third place had to be the Palo Alto Central condo. It wasn't pretty, but the showerhead was quite effective. Living in a big building also means that you never run out of hot water. Fifth is, of course, the scraper. The hot water lasted for five minutes (if that), and the bathtub filled up with dirty water since the drain didn't work so well.

I am just so glad to be home, especially now that our hot water is back!

No comments: