Sunday, May 27, 2007

Home sweet (and stinky) home!

We're home!!!! Well, we're living in two rooms of our house, but even so, we're home. I am surprised at how happy I am to be home, given that our house isn't finished yet. There's just something about sleeping in your own bed in your own house that can't be beat. I don't really have anywhere to work other than my bed, since there is no desk in the bedroom here. But even so, it's nice. I'm typing this blog entry looking out at our view, listening to Elvis Costello, and enjoying a nice breeze. What could be better?

I spent much of the day moving all the stuff we moved out of the scraper into our new cabinets in the garage. I haven't finished yet, but I made a pretty good dent in it. Tomorrow I'll get the garage back into shape so the contractors won't have difficulty moving around in the garage.

We're only here until next weekend, when we move into another rental, but I'm going to enjoy it while I am here.

We no longer own a TV having given both our TVs away. However, we do have TiVo, and TiVo to Go, so I should be able to watch TV on my laptop. That's the plan, because I don't want to buy a new TV for just a week. When we move back into the house for real, we'll buy our ultimate hang-on-the-wall flat-panel TV. By then technology will have advanced and prices will be cheaper, so it makes sense to wait as late as possible to buy the equipment.

No comments: