Saturday, June 09, 2007

Where we are, and aren't

Last week was very busy -- I was at a conference all week and didn't have time to blog. Last weekend we moved into our new temporary digs, on California Avenue in Palo Alto, next to the train station. We moved a minimal amount of stuff; unfortunately, I had to bring all my business clothes because of the conference, but they can go right back home this weekend. The wireless is now set up as of today, so we are set for the month of June. The place is right across from the grocery store, and about a mile from where I work. So we will truly be living locally this month. I don't know what we'll do for July, however.

I wrote an empassioned plea to the city to turn on the gas at our house in July, but I have yet to hear a response. They're getting tired of hearing from me, I'm sure. I'm very tired of moving, and really would just like to go home and stay there. So I'm not sure what we'll do when July rolls around.

The house is progressing, slowly but surely. The drywall is completely finished. The outside of the house has been painted with at least one coat. The painter painted four swatches of white for the inside so we can choose an inside color (and here I thought we were done making decisions!). So we'll do that this weekend. I'm thinking of painting the garage a deep red, just to add a little bit of visual interest. Gotta choose that color too.

The floors have been prepped for the tile and for the hardwood, which I presume will be installed next week. The ceiling planks have arrived and are stacked up in the office, ready to be installed. The medicine cabinet and the vanity have been installed in the bathroom downstairs. I'm still waiting to receive the tile for the downstairs; it should arrive next week, but I haven't been able to get in touch with the tile people to find out. The kitchen cabinets will not arrive until July, which is a real disappointment. (Don't get me started on the kitchen cabinets -- I'm sure they'll turn out great, but the process of buying them has been the worst part of this entire project.)

Pictures can be found on Kurt's site.. I'm just too lazy to post too many at the moment. I've got lots of catching up on work and other things in life to do, having been gone all last week! At least we don't have to move this week!

No comments: